Monday, April 04, 2011

Video- Obama in 2004: I Don't Have the Experience to be President

Here's an understatement:  I, like millions of Americans, are tired of President Barack Obama's flip flops and policy changes.  Well, here's one more:  President Obama did not think he had enough experience to be George W. Bush's successor.

And, for once, he was right.  From the dithering on Libya to the "beer summit" to the outrageous over-spending, the President's inexperience is irrefutable.  Unfortunately, he didn't stick with this statement from 2004:



Here is his statement in full:

Reporter-  Why have you ruled that out, running nationally?

Obama-  You know, I am a, a believer in... knowing what you're doing when you apply for a job. Uh, and I think that if I were to seriously consider running on a national ticket, I would essentially have to start now, before having served a day in the Senate. Now, there are some people who might be comfortable doing that, but I'm not one of those people.


Surprise, for once Obama knew what he was talking about: that he would be an inexperienced and bad President.

Please bookmark!

4 comments:

  1. Go figure, the one time that he's right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me, there was a video or audio where an interviewer asked Obama in his first year or two of being a Senator if he would run for President in 2008, and Obama said that he would not. I've tried to find a video or audio of this, but YouTube decided to scrub any references to that. Awfully inconvenient, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a link to a transcript of that exchange here

    ReplyDelete