Saturday, April 23, 2011

Interview with Doug Ross

 Pundit Press is proud to present interview number 33 in our ongoing series. Today we're interviewing Doug Ross from Doug Ross @ Journal. Doug's site is a trendsetter in the conservative blogosphere, including his Larwyn's Linx and picture series. We're honored that he agreed to take part in this interview.

1. When and why did you start your site?

I started my blog ("Doug Ross @ Journal") in late 2003, more as an experiment than anything serious. I originally wrote about a wide variety of topics. Some personal, some technology, some political. Over time, the eventsI observed in politics and the economy began to dominate. I think, in retrospect, the move of the Democrat Party from its traditions and lineage -- to a very, very left-wing organization, primarily because of its funding sources -- began to shock me into action.


2. What is the best part about running a website?

It's cathartic for me. To have a forum on which I can vent about the things that I believe are fundamentally worth calling attention to. Thanks to wonderful support from the A-list bloggers and media bigwigs -- Ann Coulter, Hugh Hewitt, Jim Hoft, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, Glenn Reynolds, Dan Riehl, Don Surber, Mark Tapscott, and I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of great ones -- I've gotten more mentions and traffic than I deserve.


3. Has President Obama been better or worse than you expected/feared?


Far, far worse. I knew his background and did my best, along with my brothers-in-blogging-arms, to educate people about his radical upbringing and background. But I had no idea he would act with the amount of disregard for the economic well-being of the country; or for the law; or for the border. Do we still have a legacy media in this country? Just wondering.

4. Do you have any favorites for 2012 yet?

While they're not all running, my favorites would be true conservatives -- bound to our Constitution -- that can articulate our beliefs in God-given natural rights, private property, free markets and limited government. You know, like those radicals James Madison, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, et. al. That said, those I believe would be great presidents include:

Michele Bachmann, John Bolton, Herman Cain, Jim DeMint, Sarah Palin, Marco Rubio, Rick Santorum, and Allen West.

5. If Obama should win a second term, will this nation default on its debt or face hyperinflation (or something worse)?

I hope and pray that we won't have to deal with that. Though, at the rate we're going, we may not have to wait until 2012 to see hyperinflation.

6. Why was the 'real' Barack Obama not uncovered before the 2008 election?

Our pathetic, failing legacy media was so willing to consider skin color over character -- the antithesis of Martin Luther King Jr.'s message to us -- that they failed to vet this radical acolyte of Alinsky. This man parrots the words of Castro, Chavez and Peron. Demonizing various classes, certain industries, segments of society to divide us. How many times have you heard Obama screech about "millionaires and billionaires" when he really means couples that make $250,000-a-year? There's a word for this kind of agitator, but I can't use it in polite company.

7. Anything else you'd like to add?

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss blogging. For those interested in learning about building up their blog traffic, Robert Stacy McCain's article "How to get a million hits on your blog" is as good a primer as you'll find.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/

Please bookmark!

3 comments:

  1. I really like your interview series. Some are bloggers that I've already been following, but others are people under the radar so to speak. I've added some of those to my blogroll and read them now where I didn't before because I didn't know they were out there.

    As one of your previous interviews, number 21, I think, this a good service you provide. (How's that for sucking up?)

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, Doug. Tell us about your Dad's real hero and favorite candidate in 2012, The Donald.

    Gary R.
    Charlotte

    PS It seems that this format is going to force me to submit it as 'anonymous', but hopefully I've identified myself well enough that your Dad can fill in the blanks. Tell you Mom, the long-suffering Braves widow, that I truly miss her (OK, that goes for yer old man, too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best and smartest sites available-never miss a day and I always return for the afternoon's lengthier stories
    MM

    ReplyDelete